Thursday, June 9, 2011

Review: Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley

Book: Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley
Pages: 277 Pages
Date Released: June 21, 2011
Publisher: Water Brook Press
Source: Teen Book Scene
Grade: 3.5 Stars
Synopsis:
When Melaia, a young priestess, witnesses the gruesome murder of a stranger in the temple courtyard, age-old legends recited in song suddenly come to life. She discovers wings on the stranger, and the murderer takes the shape of both a hawk and a man.
Angels. Shape-shifters. Myths and stories—until now.
Melaia finds herself in the middle of a blood feud between two immortal brothers who destroyed the stairway to heaven, stranding angels in the earthly realm. When the feud turns violent and Melaia becomes a target, she finds refuge with a band of angels attempting to restore the stairway. But the restoration is impossible without the repayment of an ancient debt—the “breath of angel, blood of man,” a payment that involves Melaia’s heart, soul, and destiny.
My Thoughts:
I was expecting this book to be full of action and boy I wasn’t disappointed! Breath of Angel is definitely a unique book. There were little flaws though and I guess I’ll mention those first.

The romance in this book between Trevin and Melaia was rushed and there wasn’t really any dialogue between the two. Also, there wasn’t that much mystery in this book. I felt like I knew exactly what was going to happen all the time, but there were also things that made this book really good.

I loved how there was a lot of angelology in this story. The author placed details in Breath of Angel that helped me understand what was happening and why. I wish there would’ve been more action with the priestesses though. Melaia and the other priestesses were wonderful characters. They were good, but they weren’t perfect.

Breath of Angel is a great fast paced book filled with murder, love, and friendship. If you like books about angels, I recommend this for you. 3.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum