Monday, January 23, 2012

School Reading

I'm a freshman in high school right now so I have to do a lot of school reading. So far we've read Tom Sawyer, And Then There Were None, Nothing But The Truth and Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World. Right now, we're currently reading A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I kind of like school reading because it introduces me to new books, but I kind of hate school reading because I have a due date on when I have to be done with a certain amount of chapters. School reading has introduced me to a number of classics including Catcher in the Rye (which I read for fun). I hate how a lot of people taking the honors English class say that they hate reading and always cheat (we didn't have to take a test to get in and we don't have to keep our grade up to stay in...which is stupid). School reading is a great way to learn more and understand books. I feel that teens now aren't reading as much as they did before because of technology and video games. I must admit that sometimes I delay reading to play Call of Duty sometimes, but I'm still an avid reader and such. I felt like making this post because I felt it would be a cool discussion, so discuss away! I like school reading, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum