Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Review: Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro




 On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things: 1) She was the last person to see her parents alive. 2) The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings. 3) She can't trust anyone--maybe not even herself. Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away undamaged. Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her powerful parents' affairs is a dangerous-and revealing-game. Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?

I love murder mysteries so I was excited to read Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson. I found the book to be intriguing and I kept flipping through the pages because I wanted to see how the mystery would end. The writing was okay and I wasn’t all that amazed by it considering that James Patterson is supposed to be a best-selling author.

I liked the relationship between Tandy and her siblings because it seemed real. They wanted to protect each other and at times were annoyed by each other. I think that I would’ve liked the book more if there had been more back-story on the siblings though.

The detectives in this book bothered the heck out of me. They kept on trying to get Tandy to confess that she killed her parents (she didn’t) even though there were others that had motive to kill them. In the end I suppose it didn’t matter though. There was a big twist at the end which I didn’t see coming.

Overall, Confessions of a Murder Suspect was an enjoyable murder mystery that I think teens of all ages will enjoy. 3 Stars!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I adore reading mysteries too so I think I should really look into this one. It's too bad that you didn't love the writing but I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the relationships between the characters! Thanks for sharing.

    Following! Feel free to visit my blog.
    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
  2. I love well done sibling relationships in my books.
    Thanks for review,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum