Thursday, October 14, 2010

Review: Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Book: Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
Pages: 288 pages
Source: Bought
Synopsis:
There are two sides to every breakup. This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation. Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet. It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care. But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot. Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.
My Thoughts:
I don’t read contemporary books that often, but that’s going to change! I loved reading Two Way Street. The characters were fun to follow and the plot was really good. Lauren’s a super good writer and I hope she comes out with more soon!
Courtney and Jordan were hilarious to watch in the book! I liked how the author had each character be a narrator in the story. It was interesting to hear their differences and similarities in their thoughts.
I didn’t think the book needed the whole ‘our parents are having an affair with each other’ thing in it. I think that the author could’ve at least explained that a little more. I mean, I know that had a lot to do with Jordan’s breaking up with Courtney, but still…it’s a little weird.
Overall, Two Way Street is definitely a story I recommend to everyone to read. It’s funny, entertaining, and something to read when you go on a road trip or just when you simply need to take a break from the fantasy/paranormal genres.
Writing: 8/10
Setting: 8/10
Characters: 9/10
Plot: 9/10
Cover: 7/10
Ending: 3/5
44/55 80% B+
-Danna

3 comments:

  1. I read this book a few months back & really enjoyed it (picked it up a 2nd time too!). Have you read anything else by Lauren Barnholdt? I recommend One Night That Changes Everything. I wrote a review on it, you can check it out here. Let me know what you think if you do decided to read it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an entertaining read. I love stories that involve road trips - getting there is half of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. I remember seeing this one on the internet but then decided to read "Amys & Rogers Epic Detour" instead. Looks like I should get Two Way Street too :D

    Have you read Amys & Rogers Epic Detour yet? I can definitely recommend it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum