Sunday, November 14, 2010

Review: Fear: 13 Stories of Suspense and Horror

Book: Fear: 13 Stories of Suspense and Horror by: Various Authors
Pages: 224 Pages
Publisher: Speak
Date Released: September 2, 2010
Genre: Horror
Source: Won from Goodreads
Grade: 3 Stars
Synopsis:
Turn the pages if you dare. . . .In this collection of thirteen fabulously chilling stories from thirteen true masters of suspense, including five New York Times bestsellers and a number of Edgar Award nominees, all edited by none other than R. L. Stine nothing is what it seems. From cannibalistic children, to an unwitting date with a vampire, to a crush on a boy who just might be a werewolf, no scary stone is left unturned. A must-have for all fans of the genre
 My Thoughts:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I thought I should start this review out by screaming since that is what the book started out by doing. I really liked this anthology because of two reasons: R.L Stine is awesome and I LOVE horror books (can you tell from the way I love zombies so much?).

I can’t really say good/bad things about the whole book (since it has a bunch of stories by a bunch of authors mashed into it) so I’m just gonna say that some of the stories were jaw dropping and made me have nightmares and others were, well, not so scary and had that little tinge of not so great writing in it.

My favorite story in the anthology was The Night Hunter by Meg Cabot. Reading that story was a calling for me to read more Meg Cabot and horror books. Her story was kind of Batmanish, but it had a lot of originality to it (like it being from a girl’s prospective and having her saving the Night Hunter). I was actually hoping that that story wouldn’t end *sigh*.

The cover looks really creepy with the dude standing in the field. Kinda stalkerish I might add.
Fear: 13 Stories of Suspense and Horror was a great scary read and it had the unlucky 13 stories in it! I can’t wait to read more creepy anthologies! MUAHHAHA!!!
Since this is an anthology I’m just gonna give it 3 Stars and not rate the writing and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum