Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Review: The Iron Daughter

Book: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
Pages: 359 Pages
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: August 1, 2010
Genre: Romance/Fantasy
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Won
Grade: A+
Synopsis:
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
My Thoughts:

Okay, so let me just say, Julie Kagawa, I love your freaking guts for writing this series. It’s EPIC!
The Iron Daughter begins right after the novella (if you have read it, if you have not, it’s starts after the Iron King), you a lot of the beginning was in Nevernever. Megan was really whiney in the beginning. For example, Ash would tell her things that would keep her safe and then she would start going off and saying she couldn’t leave him and such. Pathetic. About half way through the book it got better though and she showed her true fighter colors.
Grimalkin was my favorite character, and not just because of my love for cats. He acted to unsympathetic, but he still helped them out-which showed he cared.  He reminded me of the Cheshire Cat, always disappearing when you need him most. But he’s still my favorite fictitious cat.
I was officially changed from Team Ash to Switzerland in this novel. You see a lot more of Puck/Robbie in The Iron Daughter. I loved that both Ash and Puck were so different and yet the same in many ways. Puck was the one who comforted Meghan in her times of need. Yes, times. I’m still leaning towards Ash, but Puck is definitely fighting for me to choose his side.
There was a bunch of action in this book, and I mean a lot.  I got to see a lot of Meghan’s true powers show and that got me really excited to see what would happen in The Iron Queen. I got to see more different characters-some died, some lived. This book’s a lot more intense than The Iron King.
Relationships developed, people died, new characters were introduced, and a lot of mysteries were unfolded. I really suggest you go and buy the Iron Fey series now. This is one of my favorite series and I cannot wait for the Iron Queen’s February release.
Writing: 10/10
Setting: 10/10
Characters: 9/10
Plot: 10/10
Cover: 10/10
Ending: 5/5
54/55= 98% A+

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you enjoyed this book! I really want to read it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum