Monday, September 19, 2011

Tips On How to Organize Your Bookshelf!


Tips on Organizing Book Shelves

I thought I’d do a post on organizing book shelves since I’m going to be reorganizing mine pretty soon. My way(s) may not be a way which you would do it, but it might give you some ideas, at least that’s what I’m hoping for.
  • Organizing by size
Organizing by size is something that’s really helped me fit books on my bookshelf. I usually almost always organize by author’s last name, but adding the size factor is a major plus for me (I usually don’t sort by last name with size though). For example, those big hardbacks like Across the Universe by Beth Revis and Under the Dome by Stephen King are on one side of the shelf while the other average sized hardbacks are on the other.
  • Sorting by genre
I know a lot of people who do this. Bookstores do this too! One time, I organized this way and I found it affective in choosing books when I felt the need to read something like dystopian or contemporary. I put dystopian on one shelf (or half a shelf), then dystopian on another, and so on and so forth.
  •  Random!
This is actually how my shelf is organized right now. I have books all over the place with new ones I get on the top shelf. I think that if you don’t really reread books or don’t mind a jumbled mess, this is perfect for you. Sometimes I really like having them like this because it’s easy for me to just put a book that I just get on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum