Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Review: Envy by Gregg Olsen

Book: Envy by Gregg Olsen
Pages: 285 Pages
Release Date: September 6th, 2011
Publisher: Splinter
Source: Publisher
Synopsis:
Crime lives--and dies--in the deceptively picture-perfect town of Port Gamble (aka “Empty Coffin”), Washington. Evil lurks and strange things happen--and 15-year-olds Hayley and Taylor Ryan secretly use their wits and their telepathic “twin-sense” to uncover the truth about the town's victims and culprits.
Envy, the series debut, involves the mysterious death of the twins' old friend, Katelyn. Was it murder? Suicide? An accident? Hayley and Taylor are determined to find out--and as they investigate, they stumble upon a dark truth that is far more disturbing than they ever could have imagined.
My Thoughts:

Cyber bullying has become a growing issue and I’m glad there’s more awareness being spread. This book was a good mystery on the topic. Not to mention, it was based on a true story!

The twins were the protagonists of the story and I found myself relating to them in many ways. I thought that their psychic abilities were a little too much and they didn’t need to be there to make the story good. In fact, I didn’t know they were psychic until the third or fourth chapter, but with or without them, the book was still a great read.

I didn’t really get into it until the last quarter of the book because there were so many scenes that didn’t need to be there. However, I really liked the reporter’s chapters and how she tried to get the dirt for her story.

The end was really weird and I don't want to tell you about it because, well it would spoil it, but it felt very rushed and POW! in my face. I would’ve liked to see more of the story on the twins’ past, but I guess that’ll be fulfilled with the upcoming books. Overall, I liked this book and I can’t wait to read more about Hayley and Taylor’s adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum