Friday, January 27, 2012

Review: Fracture by Megan Miranda

Book: Fracture by Megan Miranda
Pages: 264 Pages
Release Date: January 17th, 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Source: Publisher
Genre: Paranormal
Synopsis:
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
—despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?
Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?
My Thoughts:
Fracture was one of those special books that make readers devour it and want more after. The characters were very likeable, the plot was unique and interesting, and the writing was magnificent. 
Delaney Maxwell was definitely a character I could put my shoes in. She was a straight A student, had great friends, and her parents were very involved in her life. Eleven minutes under water can change that. This book isn’t fully a supernatural genre book because of her real life situation. While I was reading the beginning I was thinking that this was a contemporary fiction. The way the author worked out the whole story was really cool.
The writing was lovely and it had me reading from beginning to end non-stop. I do believe that Megan Miranda is going to be one of the next big YA authors. I can’t really say a whole lot on the book because I would spoil it, but let’s just say that I felt angry, sad, and overjoyed when reading Fracture.
I’m glad that I read Fracture and I can’t wait to read more Megan Miranda books in the future. I suggest you pick up this novel if you like realistic supernatural books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum