Friday, August 16, 2013

Author Interview: Kasie West




If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Hmm. Good question. My practical self says that I'd invest it so I could live off the interest, but I know that's not a very fun answer. So, if I were to ignore my practical self, I'd buy an airplane. I'd love to learn how to fly. And to be able to fly wherever you want at a moment's notice sounds awesome to me. Or I could train a chimp to fly for me. Why a chimp, you ask? Because he'd work for bananas. Har har har. Okay, that was bad.

If you could have lunch with any fictional character, who would it be?
It's no secret that I'm a Charles Dickens fan (he's my author boyfriend). So if I could have lunch with any of his characters I'd love that. Although his characters are usually so down and out that I don't know if they'd be able to have lunch with me. They have issues. If we're going for pure eye candy though, I'd have lunch with Perry (from Under the Never Sky). Okay, so there's more to Perry than his looks, but I think I might just stare at him dreamily if we had lunch. 

What were some of your favorite books as a teenager?
We didn't have a lot of YA when I was a teen. I went from reading things like The Babysitters Club as a girl to Jane Austen as a teen. I'm jealous of teens today. I would've loved the sheer number of books available today. But I had amazing English teachers who encouraged us to read awesome books like: Their Eyes Were Watching God, To Kill A Mockingbird, and The Joy Luck Club. I also had awesome parents who were always reading. My dad used to read to us from The Hobbit when we were kids. I have so many great memories that involve books.

Where’s your favorite place you’ve traveled to so far?
I'm a beach kind of girl. I love Hawaii. That's probably my favorite place so far.

If you could choose to go anywhere in the world for a book tour, where would you go and why?
I've always wanted to visit Greece or Italy. So that would be fun. But really anywhere would be great. I love to see new places and meet new people.

Did you ever think you'd become a published writer?
No. Because I didn't think that's what I wanted to do for a long time. And then when I did decide to do it, I realized how hard that dream was. But once I put it in my mind that I wanted it, there was no turning back for me. 

Kasie West is the author of a couple young adult books: Pivot Point and The Distance Between Us. Read her books because they are awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of chilling with a Dickens character-I'd probably pick Darnay or Carton.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum