Monday, January 24, 2011

Review: The Body Finder

Book: The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Pages: 336 Pages
Publisher: Harper Teen
Date Released: March 16, 2010
Source: Won
Grade: 5 Stars
Synopsis:
Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers.
Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat left for her. But now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.
Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.
My Thoughts:
 The Body Finder was a rush of excitement and intrigue. It was a book where I wanted to skip the middle and just read the ending (but I didn’t). Kimberly Derting is a really good writer, I liked how she wrote simply and left some stuff for the readers to decipher on their own. She also made little twists and turns that made the book seem more exciting.
Derting’s characters were of awesomeness too. I liked how Violet went with what her heart and mind said instead of what others said and I could really connect with her because her life wasn’t all drama this and drama that like in most supernatural books. I mean, she did have the ability to find dead bodies but that didn’t take over her life.
What did was Jay. Oh my god, can you say hottie? And not just for looks, he starts as Violets best friend and then they escalate into something more. He was always protecting her and he made her happy. I think I’m switching my team over to Jay and Violet.
The ending surprised me big time (in a good way). I mean, I was awed and wanting the second book. Now you have to go get The Body Finder. It was epic.
Grade: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum