Thursday, August 19, 2010

Booking Through Thursday (1)

Booking Through Thursday is a meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday.

1. Favorite childhood book?
Magic Tree House Series, now my little sister is addicted to it!

2. What are you reading right now?
Scones and Sensibility by Lindsay Eland, it's pretty good so far.

3. What books do you have on request at the library?
None, if the library doesn't have them, I just buy them.

4. Bad book habit?
If the book's really good, I read the whole thing in one go. I usually read at night so that means less sleep for me on school days:(

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Beastly by Alex Flinn, Scones and Sensibility by Lindsay Eland, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, Wicked: Resurrection by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie, Red is for Remembrance by Laurie Faria Stolarz, The Mediator: Shadowland by Meg Cabot, Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle, The Van Allen Legacy by Melissa De La Cruz, and 3 Willows by Ann Brashares.

6. Do you have an e-reader?
Nope.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
Uh, I like doing both but if I have to choose...I guess one at a time. That way I don't get confused about the characters and stuff.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Not really, I still read a book almost everyday:)

9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Stormbreaker, that one was really dissapointing.

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Crank by Ellen Hopkins, I had fun reading it!

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
I try to branch out a lot so I guess I would say sometimes.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
I like to read YA genres: Paranormal, Romance, Historical Fiction, Fiction. I also like Stephen King!

13. Can you read on the bus?
I don't take the bus, but I read in cars!

14. Favorite place to read?
My room, it's where I always read.

15. What is your policy on book lending?
If you don't return it or if you bring it back wrecked, you owe me a new book:P

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
*gasp* NO! That's terrible!

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
*Another Gasp* NO! Revolting!

18. Not even with text books?
I guess text books are an exception:)

19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English, I can read Japanese and Chinese, but not very well:P

20. What makes you love a book?
If it's well written and has a great cover, I love it!

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
How the book is written, if it's a good book, it deserves to be read.

22. Favorite genre?
Paranormal

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Science Fiction

Favorite biography?
Um...R.L Stines?

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Nope

26. Favorite cookbook?
I don't read cookbooks:P

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Um, Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson. It inspired me to eat!

28. Favorite reading snack?

Popcorn!

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Um, hasn't happened yet.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
Very often sometimes:()

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I feel that it's necessary but I do feel a little bad about giving them.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
I wish I could be a fluent Japanese reader!

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
Impossible by Nancy Werlin

34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, most writers say that she sucks at writing but I'm still a little too intimidated to read it.

35. Favorite Poet?
William Shakespeare

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Well, I usually buy books but if I have to I check out 10-15.

37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Not very, maybe once or twice

38. Favorite fictional character?
Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games, she's so brave and strong, I wish I could be her!

39. Favorite fictional villain?
Hm... Damon Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries. He's hot, dangerous, and funny.

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Three days-Three terrible days...

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Immortal: Love Stories with a Bite

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Thinking about watching some anime

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Flipped, that was cute!

45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The Clique

46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
$100

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Rarely

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
If I'm hungry or need to go to the bathroom.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Yep

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
KEEP THEM! I could never let my babies go!

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Twilight

52. Name a book that made you angry.
The Poison Diaries, the cliff hanger made me want to pull my hair out!

53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Evernight by Claudia Gray

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Kiss me kill me by Lauren Henderson

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Uh, don't know what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum