Monday, November 22, 2010

Character Interview: Bran from Awakened

 Hello Readers *waves*! I'm about to do a little interview with Mr. Hottie, Bran, from Awakened by Edna Walters, so sit back and prepare to go buy Awakened when you finish reading.
 Character Interview: Bran
Danna: Hi there Bran.  Thank you for agreeing to talk to me.  Please, have a seat.
Bran (dressed in black pants, shirt and long leather trench coat, straddles a chair and props his arms across the back): Thanks.  Danna…may I call you Danna?
Danna:  Of course.  I will try to be quick because I know you’re a busy guy. Tell us a little bit about yourself?
Bran:  I’m a Nephilim, a Guardian.  I hunt down and vanquish demons. 
Danna (smiles):  I know.  But can you tell us more?  You know, about your abilities?
Bran (closes his eyes and sighs…why are humans so curious?  Maybe a demonstration might stop this line of questioning):  You see that plant over there?
Danna (looks at he potted cactus plant and nods).  Yes.
Bran:  (extends his hands toward the cactus, a lazy smile on his lips, eyes daring Danna to stop him.  Plant grows limp and wrinkly then withers).
Danna (eyes wide):  You killed it! 
Bran (rolled his eyes…humans are so melodramatic):  No, I didn’t.  I drained water from it.  Not exactly the same thing.  I can mummify a demon in fractions of a second because I have the ability to manipulate water, a power I inherited through my father.  Are you sure you don’t want to talk about Lil.  She’s more interesting.
Danna (fidgets, her eyes going to the withered cactus plant):  Maybe some other time.  This interview is about you.  Do you prefer boxers or briefs?
Bran (laughs):  You’re kidding, right?
Danna:  No.  My readers want to know.
Bran:  *Only one girl will ever know his preference and it’s not this human or her readers.  Briefs or boxers?  Did she know who he is?*  I’ll pass.  Next question, please.
Danna (blinks):  You're seriously are not going to answer?
Bran (clenches his jaw to stop from making a scathing remark):  I said next question…please.
Danna (sits back and blows out a breath):  O-kay.  If you could have one wish, what would you wish for (and don't say more wishes)???
Bran (grins wickedly):  I’d wish for the ability to manipulate time, so I can go the future and make love to her.  You know, get to fourth, fifth base.  (laughs softly).  Nah, that’s not true.  She’s worth the wait.  But I wouldn’t mind going back in time to when she was little and befriending her, maybe take away some of her loneliness.
Danna(smiles dreamily):  Ooh, that’s sweet.  So she’s the one.
Bran (touches his chest):  Yep.  She and I, forever.
Danna: She’s a lucky girl.
Bran (Shakes his head):  Nah.  I’m the lucky one.
Danna (nods):  Did you have any girlfriends before Lil, if so, how did those relationships go?
Bran:  I’ve been with women before, but none of them qualified to be called a girlfriend.  And I wouldn’t call what I had with them a relationship.  They weren’t the one, so I kept searching.
Danna:  So what do you like to do for fun?
Bran (winks):  Doing stuff with Lil…and hunting.  Demon-hunting is a full-time job, but so is loving a special girl like Lil.  Good thing I have several centuries to do both.  We like to teleport to different places for lunch or dinner.  She likes the beach the best.  We’ve visited quite a few around the world.  I want to share with her more.  She had a very sheltered upbringing.
Danna:  Favorite place in the world?
Bran:  Hawaii.  If you read book 2 my human narrator Ednah Walters has written, you’ll find out why. 
Danna:  Your deepest secret?
Bran (smirks):  None.
Danna (laughs):  Come on.  Everyone has something they don’t want people to know.
Bran (expression becomes serious):  My deepest secret is also my greatest fear.
Danna (leans forward, eyes wide):  What’s that?
Bran:  That one day Lil will wake up and decide I’m not worthy of her.   
Danna (eyes tears):  Does she know how lucky she is?
Bran (shakes his head):  I’m the lucky one.  If she hadn’t come into my life, I’d be a very, very bad Nephilim. (Stands up, walks to the cactus plant and touches it.  The plant quickly returns to its succulent, healthy state.  He glances at Danna and flashes another smile) Is that better?
Danna (sighs with relief and stands too):  Yes, thank you.  Thank you for doing the interview.
Bran (gives her his killer smile…at least that’s what Lil calls it):  You’re welcome.  Until next time (teleports).


1 comment:

  1. Cute interview! Call me crazy, but I love the name Bran. I'll have to take a peek at the book this guys from.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum