Monday, November 8, 2010

Review: Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

Book: Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens
Pages: 280 Pages
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing
Date Released: August 15th 2009
Source: Author
Synopsis:
I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him. Zoë's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoë lost in her broken life. Zoë escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoë's autistic sister. After Zoë is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.
My Thoughts:
 This book was a really fun read, but I wasn't sure I really liked it. The plot was great, but the characters were lacking and there were some parts of the book that didn't need to be in there at all.
 Guardian angels are great to read about, and this story's no exception. Matthias and Zoe make a cute couple and I love how they mesh perfectly. I didn't like how Abria wasn't really in the last part of the book though. I mean, Matthias was only there because of Abria, without Abria, there would be no Zoe and Matthias. When Abria was in the book, I felt so fuzzy inside because she was so adorable! She reminded me of my baby cousin, cute and innocent. Luke was also a pretty good character, although I didn't think his drug use didn't need to have such a big impact on the story. It's suppose to be a subplot, but it acts like a main plot.
 A lot of people-including me-can relate to this book because there are a bunch of things that happened that weren't otherworldly. For example, Zoe partied a lot because of the stress in her family, or Luke's trading/doing of drugs because of the stress.
 Heavenly wasn't that kind of book where after you read it it changes you, but it was a fun book to read and I can't wait to read the second and third! If you like books like Hush, hush and Fallen, this may be the right book for you.
Writing 8/10
Setting 7/10
Characters: 6/10
Plot: 9/10
Cover: 10/10
Ending: 4/5
44/55= 80% B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum