Saturday, December 18, 2010

Review: Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers

Book: Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers
Pages: 230 Pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Date Released: December 21, 2010
Source:Received for review from publisher
Grade: 5 Stars
Synopsis:
When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Cullen seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but are some questions better left unanswered?
My Thoughts:
I haven’t read any of Courtney Summers books before so Fall For Anything was an introduction to her writing for me. Let’s just say that I can’t write a review good enough to say how great this book was.

The first line is My hands are dying and just that one line has a great deal to do with the story and shows so much emotion in it. That’s was I think is the best part of the book: emotion. Summers shows amazing talent by conveying it and I’m glad I had the chance to read Fall For Anything.

Edie Reeves is a beautiful character and I have to say that her grief was well written and not awkward to read like some books out there. The story wasn’t just about her trying to find out why her father killed himself, but rather trying to find herself. I like how she has a best friend. Milo is an excellent character and I could feel that he truly cared about Edie. Another character that I like is Culler. Edie and Culler really seem to get each other and I was quite sad when he wasn’t mentioned at the end.

After I finished this book, I couldn’t stop thinking about it for hours. I think I'll still be thinking about it after a few weeks, maybe even a few months. Courtney Summers is an amazing writer and I can’t wait to get her first two books Cracked Up To Be and Some Girls Are. She is definitely an author I would place in a group with Laurie Halse Anderson and Ellen Hopkins.
Grade: 5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing review--short, to the point, and meaningful. I can't wait to read this book! The cover is beautiful, and your comparison with Laurie Halse Anderson and Ellen Hopkins doesn't help with the waiting ;)

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum