Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review: Priscilla the Great

some_text Book: Priscilla the Great by Sybil NelsonPages: 271 Pages
Publisher: World Maker Media
Release Date: December 15, 2010
Source: Teen Book Scene
Find the Author: Web
Grade: 3.5 Stars
Synopsis:
Meet Priscilla Sumner, an ordinary seventh grader with extraordinary gifts. As if middle school isn’t hard enough, not only does Priscilla have to fight pimples and bullies, but genetically enhanced assassins trying to kill her and her family. Armed with wit, strength, and a genius best friend, Priscilla must defeat the Selliwood Institute, an organization dead set on turning children into killing machines.
Add an older brother annoyingly obsessed with Christina Aguilera, mischievous baby twin brothers who could scare the sin off of Satan, and parents more puzzling than a Rubik’s cube in the Bermuda triangle and expect a smoking page-turner!
My Thoughts:
Priscilla the Great was a really cute read and I had a lot of fun reading it, but there were things that could’ve been better.

Priscilla was a great character, but she sounded too old for her age. Actually, most all of the characters acted a little too old for their age. I felt I would’ve connected more to them if they had been, say, sixteen or seventeen.  I liked how Priscilla was fiery<---haha! She did things her own way and had a mind of her own. I also liked how her family was close. It bugs me when a characters mom or dad or both is dead, so this was nice.

The super powers in the book were interesting. I liked how the characters had to train to use them the right way. I would love having Xi’s power to not feel anything and regenerate body parts. That would be useful for the daredevil tricks I have planned out.

Overall, this book was a fun middle grade story. I do wish the characters would’ve been older or they would’ve acted younger though. Priscilla the Great is hot reading!<--- see what I did again:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum