Thursday, March 17, 2011

Author Interview: Lindsey Leavitt

Lindsey Leavitt is a former elementary school teacher and present-day writer/mom to three (mostly) adorable little girls. She is married to her high-school lab partner and lives in Las Vegas, Nevada. She is the author of the PRINCESS FOR HIRE series and SEAN GRISWOLD’S HEAD.
She also feels weird writing about herself in third person.
If you could bring any YA character to life, who would you choose?
Since I am a happily married woman, I’m going to be safe and choose a friend instead of a cute (UNDERAGE) boy.  So I’ll go with Audrey from AUDREY WAIT! because she’s hilarious and real and I would love to go to a show with her.
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to own an ice cream truck. And I wanted to be a mom who went to law school at night. AND an actress, but one on the Disney channel, because I didn’t want to swear and have my kids hear me swear and then hate me because I told them they weren’t allowed to swear.
What is your favorite Band(s)?
Jimmy Eat World. Unwritten Law. The Civil Wars. NKOTB (what? WHAT?)
If you were a cartoon character, who would you be?
I don’t know who I would be, but I know who I wouldn’t be. Caillou. THE WHINEST KID ON TV.
And now that song is stuck in my head.
(oh wait! I’d be a My Little Pony, the sassy ones on The Hub. Seen it? They have shiny hair).
Describe your book in three words:
READ ME PLEASE
Who do you relate to most in Sean Griswold's Head?
Ms. Callahan. I’m always getting lipstick on my teeth too (ha! Not really. That would require me putting on makeup, which would require getting ready, and usually I’d get dressed first…)

 Thank you Lindsey for answering my questions! On another note, Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone, I hope you've wearing green:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum