Thursday, May 5, 2011

Author Interview: Lara Chapman


Describe your book in three words:
Witty, realistic, and relatable… (I hope!) 

Who do you relate to most in FLAWLESS? 
Definitely Sarah!  We all want to be perfect. We feel the need to fit a specific image and to meet certain expectations.  But here’s the truth: perfection is an illusion.  Trying to capture it is like roping smoke!  I want to be more like Sarah – confident in spite of my flaws.

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? 
Pass up a vocal performance scholarship.  Huge mistake!

If you could bring any YA character to life, who would you choose? 
I’m going to go with my first thought… Alice from the Twilight series.  She seems like the best friend ever!

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? 
I was never one of those girls that had this plan for her life… I never really knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.  To be honest, I’m not entirely sure I do now! 

What is your favorite Band(s)? 
I’m a total music junkie, so this is really hard!  I love Eva Cassidy because her voice brings me to tears.  Kelly Clarkson is my go-to for “chick” music and Jason Aldean makes me want to fall in love.  When I’m in need of a pick-me-up, Bon Jovi does the trick every time! 

If you were a cartoon character, who would you be? 
I have always wanted to be Wonder Woman… not only is she gorgeous, she’s a super hero!  

Thanks to Lara for doing the interview! You can check out my review of Flawless here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum