Friday, May 13, 2011

Review: Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

Book: Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari
Pages: 341 Pages
Release Date: June 1st, 2011
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Source: Publisher (finished copy)
Grade: 5 Stars
Synopsis:
A thrilling tale of adventure, romance, and one girl's unyielding courage through the darkest of nightmares.
Epidemics, floods, droughts--for sixteen-year-old Lucy, the end of the world came and went, taking 99% of the population with it. As the weather continues to rage out of control, and Sweepers clean the streets of plague victims, Lucy survives alone in the wilds of Central Park. But when she's rescued from a pack of hunting dogs by a mysterious boy named Aidan, she reluctantly realizes she can't continue on her own. She joins his band of survivors, yet, a new danger awaits her: the Sweepers are looking for her. There's something special about Lucy, and they will stop at nothing to have her.
My Thoughts:
Ashes, Ashes gave me more than I was expecting. Full of action, adventure, and a touch of romance, this magnificent story is sure to gain reader’s interests.

The world of Ashes, Ashes seemed so realistic and I loved all the details and explanations that led me to feel for all the characters. Lucy is officially one of my favorite heroines in YA literature. Her survival in all of the suffering, pain, and destruction in this book amazed me. Aiden was another great character and I liked how much of a guy he was, but he still had emotions and fears.

The ending (to me) was just about perfect and I really hope there’s a second book.  Jo Treggiari knows how to write a good dystopian without overdoing the romance and such. This is a good book for both girls and guys. Go buy this book when it comes out, or better yet, pre-order it. I promise it’s really good for fans of Hunger Games and other post-apocalyptic stories. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum