Friday, June 24, 2011

TBS Kristen Tracy Tens List (Author of Sharks and Boys)


Top Ten Fictional Guys
I don’t have ten fictional guys. I don’t operate this way. I guess I fictionalize guys in my life. They arrive with weird and slightly annoying idiosyncrasies and I pretend like I don’t see them. Until that doesn’t work anymore.

Ten Favorite Books
I am going to list my ten favorite picture books because that’s where my mind is right now. Jon Agee’s Milo’s Hat Trick. Peggy Rathman’s Officer Buckle and Gloria. Peggy Rathman’s Goodnight, Gorilla. Mo Willem’s Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus. Wanda Gag’s Millions of Cats. William Steig’s Sylvester and the Magic Pebble. Eric Kimmel’s Squash It. Doreen Cronin’s Click, Clack, Moo, Cows that Type, Tommy De Paola’s Strega Nona, and Jon Scieszka The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by A Wolf.

These are my favorites because I like picture books that explore magical bears, safety-focused dogs, clever zoo animals, obstinate pigeons, cat hoarders, hopeful donkeys, lice engorged with blood of kings, bovine literacy, all-you-can-eat pasta, and confessional wolves.

Ten Favorite Things To Do When Not Writing
I garden on Alcatraz and I also give tours. I locate a new place to hike that has a waterfall (I really enjoy walking through waterfall mist). I call one of my friends and go out for tea. I go on a coastal drive. I buy new lip gloss. I drive someplace I’ve never been before, find a café, and read. I write to-do lists. I get a massage or acupuncture. I walk around San Francisco for hours. I go to my favorite movie theater with my friend Kristin and we debate which snacks we will not be eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum