Thursday, June 23, 2011

Review: Panjandrum by JJ Telly

Book: Panjandrum by JJ Telly
Pages: 294 Pages
Release Date: December 22, 2010
Publisher: Self Published
Source: Author
Synopsis:
When thirteen year-old Gelsem is kidnapped in the night from her peaceful home on Level Gee, the timid girl is shocked to wake up on Level Pee, the 'penitentiary'. Stuck in a foreign realm populated entirely by criminals, Gelsem manages to befriend a group of pre-teen revolutionaries, among them a young Giantess and a boy harboring a great secret. In order to escape, the young teens must enlist the help of the Panjandrum, a professional thief turned accidental monarch and prisoner to the Level's bureaucratic elite. Desperate to find a way home to her family, Gelsem is forced to learn some hard truths about trust and friendship while dodging conniving politicians, mind-controlling spirits and a murderous sculptor determined to turn all of the children on the Level into macabre statuary. Thus begins Gelsem's extraordinary adventure in the first book of the Aerolith Adventure series, Panjandrum.
My Thoughts:
First of all I have to say that I didn’t finish this book, but my sister did and she said it was really good.
Reasons why I couldn’t finish it:
It felt too young for me
The changing in character POV’s got confusing
The book went really fast at first, but then slowed down (really slowed down)
Reasons why my sister liked it:
It was entertaining
She liked the characters
She said it was fun to imagine the different creatures and what they looked like
It was “action packed and full of kick buttness”
So all in all, I guess it just depends what type of book person you are. I won’t rate this, but I would recommend this book for younger readers seeing as I’m fifteen and my sister is nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum