Thursday, August 4, 2011

Author Interview: Melissa C. Walker (Small Town Sinners)


Why did you write Small Town Sinners?
I attended a Hell House so I could write about it for a magazine story, and I couldn't forget the experience. I had to set a book in a small town like the one I'd visited. Here's that original article:

When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always loved writing, but I thought I'd be a newspaper reporter--breaking news and running around and drinking coffee all night long. Turns out that seemed tiring by the time I got out of college, so I went into magazines instead, and then books.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
Hmm... this depends on the "crazy" definition. I'll choose to define it as "fun and kooky and not hurting anyone," and I'll attach a photo of the time I jumped into a hotel pool at my friend Kevin's wedding, with full formalwear on. Crazy! ----->Picture below!!!

List three things (or more) that you want to do before you die:
1. Visit each of the 50 United States at least once (I've been to 34!).
2. Watch the Carolina Tarheels win the NCAA basketball championship... Live.
3. Meet Tim Riggins.

Who are some of your favorite authors?
This is so hard, but I'll go with the authors I loved as a kid (and still do): 
Judy Blume, Anne M. Martin, VC Andrews. They all got to me young -- even VC. I'm rereading My Sweet Audrina right now, just for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum