Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review: Perfect Ruin





 On the floating city of Internment, you can be anything you dream, unless you approach the edge. Morgan Stockhour knows getting too close can lead to madness, like her older brother Len, a Jumper. She takes solace in her best friend Pen, and in Basil, the boy she’s engaged to marry. When she investigates the first murder in a generation, she meets Judas. The suspect was betrothed to the victim, but Morgan believes he is innocent. Nothing can prepare Morgan for the secrets she will find – or whom she will lose.


I really enjoyed Lauren DeStefano’s Chemical Garden trilogy so when I heard she was coming out with the Internment Chronicles, I kinda peed myself…yup.
After finishing the book, I proceeded to have a hissy fit because I didn’t have the second book and therefore could not continue the marvelous journey of Morgan and her friends/family. I connected to the characters fairly well, and although the beginning was a bit rocky it smoothed out and eagerly flipped the pages til there were no more pages to flip.
One thing I wished there was more of in Perfect Ruin was world building. I got that Internment was a floating city, but how did it get there? And I wish there would’ve been more description on how partners were picked for people and what kind of jobs there were. I also wish the hierarchy would’ve been expanded on as well.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book-the character development was fantastic, the action was awesome, and the romance was cute and relatable. I recommend this book to all lovers of YA because Perfect Ruin was AWESOME.
4.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum