Monday, May 5, 2014

Review: The 100 by Kass Morgan





 In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.

I wasn’t expecting to enjoy The 100 as much as I did and I’m glad I got a chance to read an advanced copy. At first, I didn’t really like the multiply POVs, but as the book went on, I began to enjoy them more and more. My favorite ones to read were Clarke’s and Glass’s because I related to them the most and their stories felt the most exciting to me. 

I felt a little iffy on the romance between Clarke and Bellamy, but I’d rather her be with him than Wells because he came off as a jerk to me. The other relationships with the characters were well done, but I wish there would’ve been more explanation as to how their stories were all connected. The book was pretty short for having such a complex plot. I felt like there should’ve been a lot more in the first book (I hope there’s a second).  The world building was okay, but I think a lot more of the ship and Earth could’ve been explored. I also felt a lacking with the history of how humans had to evacuate Earth.

Overall, this book was a decent, exciting read and I’ll be on the lookout for a book two and the new television series.
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum