Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mini Review: Just One Day by Gayle Forman





 Allyson Healey's life is exactly like her suitcase—packed, planned, ordered. Then on the last day of her three-week post-graduation European tour, she meets Willem. A free-spirited, roving actor, Willem is everything she’s not, and when he invites her to abandon her plans and come to Paris with him, Allyson says yes. This uncharacteristic decision leads to a day of risk and romance, liberation and intimacy: 24 hours that will transform Allyson’s life.

A book about love, heartbreak, travel, identity, and the “accidents” of fate, Just One Day shows us how sometimes in order to get found, you first have to get lost. . . and how often the people we are seeking are much closer than we know.

At first I was a little iffy on this book because I don’t like insta-love but there was so much more to the book than that. Just One Day is about love and self discovery.

I really enjoyed reading Allyson’s POV because she seemed so real. I believe Gayle Forman is really good at this. The story felt real too. I liked how the author made the book over a span of one year. I felt like I got to know Allyson better. Another character I liked was Willem. He was a bit of a manwhore (like my ex boyfriend) but he was charming and actually cared for Allyson.

I really enjoyed this book and I want everyone to read Gayle Forman’s books because she is a really fantastic writer.
5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bananas:) yum yum yum